The Club is saddened to advise that past player Robert Reginald Oatey OAM passed away this morning aged 77.
Robert played 232 leagues games from 1961 – 1973 with Norwood Football Club before transferring to Sturt in 1974.
He played 69 games for the Club retiring from league football at the end of the 1978 season.
His football career includes:
- Norwood best and fairest: 1967, 1968, 1971 & 1972
- Norwood leading goalkicker: 1967, 1968 & 1969
- Magarey Medal runner up: 1968
- Norwood captain/coach: 1968 to 1973
- Sturt premiership player: 1974
- Norwood Team of the Century
- State Representative on nine occasions
- South Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee
- State Under 17 Coach 1987, 1988
- State Under 16 Coach 1996, 1997
- Sturt Technical & Development Officer 1987 – 1994
- SANFL Coaching Coordinator/Affiliated Leagues Manager 1995 – 2013
Robert is the son of Sturt Coach Jack Oatey (deceased). The Club’s thoughts are with wife Raelee, son David (Sturt’s High Performance Manager), daughter Petrea and other family.
Funeral details will be advised.