The Weekend Wrap: Qualifying Final take-outs
- Dominant First Half: We had a great start to the Qualifying final at Adelaide Oval against Adelaide and carried that momentum into the second quarter. Our five-goal opening quarter was due to excellent defence and relentless pressure. We executed our game plan perfectly in all areas during the first half.
- Capitalised on Ruck Dominance: Our rucks controlled the hit-outs, and our midfielders made the most of it. Lewis, Battersby, and Dakin played a crucial role in controlling the stoppage game, amassing +14 clearances, with Battersby leading the way with 10. Dakin arguably had his best game for the club, tallying 27 possessions, 7 marks, 8 clearances, and 7 inside 50s.
- Key Player Performances: Coomblas and Voss were outstanding in defence, combining for 22 intercepts. Edmonds played an exceptional game, recording 7 spoils and prevented Gollant from scoring.
- Missed Opportunities in the Second Half: Unfortunately, the second half was marred by missed opportunities as we struggled to consistently execute the basics and fundamentals. Injuries to Amos Doyle (Knee) and Guy Page (Hamstring) in the second half left us with only two players on the bench.
- Reserves Triumph and Future Focus: Our Reserves team delivered an impressive performance on Friday night in their qualifying final, winning by 36 points and securing a spot in the second semi-final against top-ranked Glenelg. The Under 18s also kept their season alive with a comeback win, scoring 6 goals in the final quarter. Furthermore, our Under 16s advanced to the grand final with a dominant display, leading at every break and winning by 33 points.